Appeal for Chair and Secretary
Make a Difference with Wildfire Folk !
Could you be Chair or Secretary of our Trustees?
Wildfire Folk is a hugely successful youth project based in Lichfield. Formed 12 years ago it has encouraged young people in a vibrant and exciting interpretation of traditional music. On the way to performing at major festivals and community events and having produced 4 EP’s they have provided young people with expert tuition and been a vehicle for social and musical development and, of course, a great deal of fun!
This not-for-profit organisation is largely administered by their hard-working volunteer trustees and also employ a first class Musical Director. Both the Chair and the Secretary have recently, or intend to, stand down and we are looking for community minded individuals to take up their role and help to move this exciting project on to its next stage.
Each individual would be able to show team leading skills, be happy to work in an informal and supportive environment, show good communication skills and have a real commitment to enabling young people.
Please contact us from this website for further information.
Secretary of Wildfire Folk – what is involved
The main role of the Secretary is to be a link between the Trustees and the band members/parents - passing information between them.
- Take the minutes of the Trustees Meetings and AGMs.
- Ensuring band member contact and emergency information up to date.
- Ensuring membership forms and permissions are valid.
- Monitor the Wildfire email account - respond to any queries that come in from the website, or from event organisers, the public or members/parents.
- Feed back any information received about band members or events etc to the Trustees.
- Pass on information about rehearsals, events and gigs to band members and parents (make sure everyone knows where they need to be).
- Ascertain availability of band members for gigs.
- Liaise with event organisers regarding the availability and suitability of the band to perform, performance times, set lengths and fees etc.
- Report back any useful information from Trustees meetings to band members and parents.
- Maintain a register of rehearsal attendances.
- Collect archives (newspaper articles etc).
- Pastoral tasks e.g. contacting members who are ill or haven't been for a while, sending Christmas cards to members on behalf of the band.
- Write letters of thanks etc on behalf of the Trustees.